In the Instructional Division, the College ensures that students are progressing to achieve their goals of transfer preparation, workforce training and/or career advancement by utilizing a cyclical Program Review process. To aid in the development of program goals in the Instructional Division, the Program Review template in Taskstream includes course student learning outcome (CSLO) assessment data, program student learning outcomes (PSLO) assessment reports, and student achievement data. Student achievement data include quantitative data for programs disaggregated by demographic, course, mode of delivery, and award level information, and is combined with student characteristics in a Program Scan Data Packet document for inclusion in Program Review workspaces. The Instructional Program Review template contains the following fields of information:
- Standing Requirements
- Executive Summary: Field for Programs that wish to provide an overall summary of their Program Review.
- Program Mission Statement: Field for identification of the program’s Mission Statement.
- Program Outcomes Assessment Reports: Field where Programs publish PSLO Assessment Report.
- Course SLO Action Plans: Field where the Collegewide Outcomes and Assessment Facilitator provides status of CSLO assessment cycles of courses within the program. Programs will use this field to provide timeline to complete any overdue assessment.
- Program Benchmarks: Field where Program will compare institutional benchmarks (i.e. institution-set standards) to Program expectations.
- Program Analysis: Field where the Research and Planning Analyst provides the Program Scan Data Packet, including disaggregated program achievement data and student characteristics. Programs will use this field to provide a narrative analysis of how these factors, in addition to SLO assessment information and other internal/external factors, will affect program success.
- Program Goals: Field where Program will identify goals for the next three- year cycle, based on Program Analysis. Program Goals must be mapped to the College’s Strategic Plan Goals.
- Cyclical Information
- Action Plan: Field used to identify Action Plans that will be used to achieve Program Goals. Action Plans include details of the activity, resource requests, and any substantiating evidence or documentation. For years where only a Program Review Update is required, Programs will update this information and add new actions or goals as needed.
- Status Report: Field used to identify status on progress of Action Plan.
- Resource Request Form (only used for the 2015-2016 cycle): Form used to consolidate all resource requests within the program. This information is now captured directly in the Action Plan.
Program Review Reports
- Instructional Division
- School of Business, Technical Careers & Workforce Initiatives
- School of Liberal Arts
- School of Math, Biological, Exercise, Physical Sciences
- School of Public Safety