Get in touch
Welcome to San Diego Miramar College: San Diego Promise
The San Diego Promise is a two-year completion program for recent high school graduates enrolled full-time (12 units per semester). The program provides up to two years of free tuition to eligible students. Participation in the Promise program comes with a variety of benefits: an assigned peer mentor, counseling retention & interventions, and additional campus engagement opportunities.
Eligibility for the San Diego Promise 2021-2022 Cohort: Class of 2021 high school graduate, California resident for tuition purposes or AB540 eligible, and completion of a 2021-2022 FAFSA or California Dream Act.
- Must be a first-time college student*
- Must be a Class of 2021 high school graduate** (H.S. Diploma or GED) OR identify with one of the following groups
- Foster Youth Student
- Veteran of U.S. Armed Forces
- Formerly Incarcerated Student
- Undocumented Student
- Must be a California resident or AB 540 eligible
- Must complete a 2021-2022 financial aid application (FAFSA or Dream Act)
- Must enroll in a minimum of 12 units each semester (does not apply to DSPS students with eligible academic accommodation)
*Student who completed college courses while in high school are eligible
**First time to college, class of 2020 high school graduates (H.S. Diploma or GED) may be eligible
- Attend a virtual Promise orientation
- Must maintain a 2.0 college GPA
- Meet with a counselor each semester
- Complete a comprehensive education plan by the end of your first year
HOW TO APPLY:
Step 1: Complete a Fall 2021 application for admission to Miramar College.
Miramar College school code for FAFSA or Dream Act applications: 014172
Step 3: Complete a Promise application.
Step 4: After completing steps 1-3, we encourage you to continue the process of completing the new student online orientation and scheduling a counseling session to meet with a college counselor for an abbreviated education plan. Please contact the College Counseling Office for more information on the availability of virtual counseling appointments.
Complete steps 1-4 by June 11, 2021 for priority registration and admission to the program.
Step 5: Sign a Promise contract and attend a Promise orientation to secure a space in the program.
Information regarding the Promise contract and Promise orientation will be provided to students on a rolling basis starting May 1, 2021.
Step 6: Register for a minimum of 12 units by September 7, 2021.
For more information, please visit SDCCD Future Promise Students
If you have questions about the San Diego Promise program at Miramar College, please email email@example.com.
*Review the FAQ page for our frequently asked questions.
Are you a parent or student that wants to learn more about the San Diego Promise Program? Fill out this interest form to sign up for our next available Promise information session!