Your Academic Future Begins Here!
After watching the required SEP presentation AND satisfying all of the criteria listed below, students attending college for the 1st time will be eligible to schedule a one-on-one Student Educational Planning (SEP) session with a counselor. These online meetings utilize the Zoom meeting software. An education plan will be created identifying the classes students should take in their first 1-2 semesters based on specific academic/career goal(s).
Your counselor is going to ask you some important questions, and it’s essential that you’re ready to discuss the following:
- Do you know what your major is going to be?
- Are you planning to transfer, and if so, to which school(s)?
- Are you planning to get an Associate Degree, which one?
- Do you know what career you’re going to pursue?
- Do you have questions about the presentation?
- Will you be a full-time or part-time student?
- Did you take any AP Tests/SAT/ACT?
Resources to help you start preparing for your counseling session:
TROUBLESHOOTING ISSUES WE'RE CURRENTLY AWARE OF:
1. When scheduling your appointment, if you reach a screen like the one below...
Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Subject: ESARS INVALID STUDENT ID
Body: full name, student ID & birthdate
We will manually fix this issue & respond to you with confirmation in 1-2 business days.
2. When scheduling your appointment, if you reach a screen like the one below on all scheduling options that means that all appointments for the next 5 business days are booked.
3. FOR MAC USERS: