Behavioral/Mental Health & Wellness
Mental Health Counseling:
Mental Health Counseling provides short term clinical services to help students to optimize their learning and growth and help students decrease stress for academic and personal success. We work with students who are seeking help to learn coping strategies and problem solving skills. Crisis intervention and referrals are also provided.
Mental Health Counseling is available at the K2-102 Office. Our counselors/therapists are licensed professionals in Marriage & Family Therapy and Psychology. We offer a limited number of sessions. We will refer to community providers for those who will benefit from an extended therapeutic relationship or need long-term services, including for addictions or psychiatric medication. To schedule an appointment at Miramar College Health Services, call (619) 388-7881. If we are unavailable, please refer to the following resources.
- Access & Crisis 24 Hour Hotline 1 (888) 724-7240.
- Provides mental health crisis intervention and information and referral to mental health services in San Diego County. Additionally, provides drug and alcohol information.
- National Suicide Prevention Line 1-800-273-TALK (8255)
- You will be connected to a skilled, trained counselor at a crisis center in your area, anytime 24/7. If calling locally you will be connected to the Access & Crisis 24 Hour Hotline. You can also call this line anywhere in the nation.
- Warm Line 1 (800) 930 9276.
- Provides a friendly telephone support line which listens to concerns and offers referrals. Available 3:30pm-11:00pm 7 days a week.
- DV/Sexual Assault Crisis Line & Referral (888)385-4657
- Highly trained advocates are available 24/7 to talk confidentially with anyone experiencing domestic violence, seeking resources or information, or questioning unhealthy aspects of their relationship.
- 211 Resource Line
- Dial 211 from anywhere in the U.S. for information on local resources for food, housing, job support, health, human trafficking or disaster assistance. Can also provide assistance during a personal crisis.
Support Services| Confidential Support| Reporting Options| Help a Friend
SPEAK aims to unite and inspire the San Diego Community College District in cultivating a community free of violence. SPEAK provides violence prevention education and offers free and confidential services for those who have experienced sexual assault, intimate partner violence, and stalking.
If you or someone you know has experienced sexual violence or intimate partner violence, contact the Campus Advocacy Coordinator, Myisha Butler-Ibawi, at firstname.lastname@example.org for resources and assistance. Myisha is a confidential resource and any details relating to your incident will not be reported to the District without your consent.
Mental Health Resources
- TB Testing
- TB (PPD) testing requires two office visits to the office 48 hours apart.
- Students with previously positive PPD test should bring copies of both a positive PPD skin test and a copy of negative chest x-ray specific for TB. Questions regarding previously positive testing should be directed to the nurse on duty. Medi-cal and low-cost services for TB testing/x-ray from the County of San Diego (619) 692-8600 located at 3851 Rosecrans street, appointments preferred, they are generally open Monday thru Friday 9am—4pm.
- Flu shot
- Available seasonally- call for pricing- pricing varies
- Free County Flu Vaccine Clinics visit SDIZ.ORG
Health Center Services
Prices are subject to change without notice, Please all for current prices.
Please call for pricing that might be available however because prices are subject to change it is best to call for more information.
Common Lab Tests
Prices are subject to change from our lab service without notice. We suggest calling for current pricing. Here is an idea of what you might expect to pay. Call for current prices.
|Lab Tests- Small sample of tests offered||Comments|
|Urine Quick test for pregnancy||Students may have one test for free.|
|Quick test for strep throat culture||Typically results in minutes|
|Blood glucose finger stick|
|Lipid panel (Cholesterol HDL/LDL and triglycerides)||12-hour fasting preferred but not required|
|Blood tests for physical||12-hour fasting required|
|HIV blood test|
|STI testing and referrals|
|Hepatitis B surface antibody titer||Titers check for evidence of immunity call for pricing|
|Chicken Pox/Varicella titer|
|MMR titer (Measles, Mumps, Rubella)||3 titers in total, Measles may be done alone if needed|
|Urine Cultures||Result times vary|
|Throat Culture*||Generally under $20|
|Tissue Biopsy*||Pricing depends on evaluation as testing needs|
|*These and other tests are available and require the student to make an appointment to see the Medical Doctor or the Nurse Practitioner.|