Skip to main content
Step 1—Verify your degree completion
- Visit the counseling office and develop an electronic Education Plan for the degree or certificate of achievement you intend to graduate in.
- Verify that you have taken the correct courses to complete your degree.
Step 2—Apply to Graduate
- Registration for participating in the Commencement Ceremony has closed.
- Sign up for the “Remind” push notification. This app will provide you with up-to-date information that you may find useful when planning to walk in the college commencement ceremony. Text: @miramarcom to 81010 to register for free.
- Request any needed accommodations – Contact Student Services (619) 388-7371
Step 3 – Get the Gear
- Purchase your cap and gown
- If you are graduating, with an associates degree, with a degree applicable GPA of 3.5 or higher, and you are participating in the commencement ceremony, go to the Evaluations Office to exchange your teal tassel for your gold Honor Tassel and Cord. You may wear this to compliment your cap and gown on the day of commencement.
Step 4—Review All Information
- Commencement is generally the Friday before Finals from 1:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m. Students must attend the mandatory commencement orientation.
- Spring and Summer graduates will be mailed their diploma approximately 8 weeks after the semester ends
- Winter graduates are permitted to march in the Spring Commencement Ceremonies, along with the Spring and Summer graduates.
- Frequently Asked Questions
Step 5 – Congratulations
Step 6 – Commencement Speaker
- Serving as the Commencement Speaker for your graduating class is a great honor. If you have a 3.25 GPA, good speaking skills and a message of inspiration for your fellow graduating class consider applying to be the Student Commencement Speaker. Fill out the application and submit it to the Evaluations Office K1-207 by the deadline.