To schedule a remote counseling appointment, please click on the following link:
The California Work Opportunity and Responsibility to Kids (CalWORKs) is a statewide public assistance program that provides cash aid and services to eligible families that have a child(ren) in the home. The San Diego Miramar College CalWORKs Student Services Program helps students receiving CalWORKs (cash aid) to achieve long-term self-sufficiency through education and job training. Our main goal and focus is to lift families out of poverty through education.
To apply to the Miramar College CalWORKs Student Services Program, please click the following link:
To get a better idea of what your technology needs are, please also complete the following form:
- Must be a CalWORKs recipient receiving cash aid for themselves and at least one child
- Enrolled in at least 1 unit at Miramar College in a major that leads to employment
- Complete a San Diego Miramar College CalWORKs Student Services application
Program Services & Benefits:
- Priority registration
- Health fee waivers
- Coordination of county provided support services (textbooks, childcare, transportation, etc.)
- Academic, career, and personal counseling
- Work study opportunities
- Gas cards*
- Laptop/textbook lending library
- Student success and personal development workshops
- Psychosocial assessment and campus/community resource linkage
- Verification to County of your 20–35 hour welfare-to-work activities
- Cap and gown*
- School supplies*
- Job placement assistance
*Contingent upon funding.
San Diego Miramar College Mission Statement:
San Diego Miramar College's mission is to prepare students to succeed by providing quality instruction and services in an environment that supports and promotes success, diversity, inclusion, and equity with innovative programs and partnerships to facilitate student completion for degrees/certificates, transfer, workforce training, and/or career advancement.