Requesting Tax Transcripts

There are several ways tax filers can request a tax transcript, most of which do not involve payment of a fee to the IRS. Some Methods take longer for processing than others. In Dear Colleague Letter GEN-11-13, ED recommended three methods in particular.

Online Request

Financial Aid requires the "Tax Return Transcript"

On the IRS website in the "Online Services" section, tax filers can "Order a Tax Return" transcript. The tax filer enters the Social Security number, date of birth and address as it appears on the most recent tax return filed with the IRS, and clicks the “Continue” button.

It might be helpful to recommend to students and parents to have a copy of the most recent federal income tax return on hand when completing a request for an IRS tax transcript.

Copyright © 2001–2011 San Diego Miramar College. All rights reserved.

10440 Black Mountain Road • San Diego, CA 92126-2999 • 619.388.7800 or 858.536.7800

San Diego Miramar College is a member college of the San Diego Community College District, which includes Miramar College, Mesa College, City College and Continuing Education

Theme by Danetsoft and Danang Probo Sayekti inspired by Maksimer