You are hereStudents > Disability Support Programs & Services
Disability Support Programs & Services
Disability Support Programs and Services (DSPS) department at Miramar College offers a variety of services for students with verified disabilities. Examples include students with learning disabilities, impairments in vision, hearing, and mobility, psychiatric conditions, acquired brain injuries, and other medical disabilities.
As a result of participating in DSPS at Miramar College, students with verified disabilities will achieve the following Student Learning Outcomes:
- Identify individual educational limitations and appropriate respective accommodations,
- Utilize appropriate disability management strategies,
- Develop a Student Education Plan giving consideration to their academic and vocational goals, their strengths and limitations,
- Identify college and community resources to maximize independence,
- Understand their legal rights and responsibilities and how to file an appeal or grievance if access is denied or hindered.
Services are provided in compliance with state and federal legislation, including Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 and the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). Student participation in the program is voluntary.
If you encounter an access barrier to the campus or an online class, please report it to DSPS using the Disability Access Barrier Report Form. Your concern will then be forwarded to the appropriate department for their consideration.
The DSPS Office also serves students with disabilities who are taking courses offered online through San Diego Community College District Online.
Miramar College opens doors to promising careers and provides equal access to academic transfer courses and workforce preparation programs. Students can select from many degree and certificate programs that will prepare you for employment, skills improvement, or transfer to a four year institution.
Students are encouraged to contact Disability Support Programs and Services Office in the early stages of their college planning.
In order for DSPS to provide quality service to our students, it is important that we have your current contact information. Please complete the student information update form.