Admission is open to anyone who meets one of the following criteria:
- Persons who possess a high school diploma or California high school proficiency exam certification or GED with an average score of 45 or higher.
- Persons 18 years of age or older or emancipated minors who do not possess a high school diploma or equivalent may be admitted by the college under provisional admission status.
- High school students requesting concurrent enrollment may be admitted as "special part-time" students subject to the following criteria:
- Students must have completed the 10th grade.
- A student may be limited to one course during a semester or session due to budget cuts and extraordinary demand. This maximum includes classes at City, Mesa, Miramar Colleges and ECC (excludes High Schools Honors classes).
- High school students must satisfy course prerequisites and eligibility requirements.
- Students must maintain a 2.0 grade point average each semester in all college work.
- If the number of units of W, I and NP exceed 40%, in any semester or session, the student will be academically disqualified. Students whose grade point average falls below a 2.0, or who do not complete 60% of all units attempted, will not be permitted to re-enroll without approval from a college counselor.
- Enrollment in Physical Education classes will not be permitted.
- The course is advanced scholastic or technical (college degree applicable).
- The course is not available at the school of attendance.
- Students will be given college credit for all courses. Grades will be part of the student's permanent college record.
- Persons who are under 18 years of age who do not have a high school diploma and are not enrolled in a high school may be admitted as a special full-time student pursuant to Education Code §48800.5 subject to approval of the high school governing board and the college President where the student is planning to attend. Special full-time students will be admitted under provisional admission status.
- Persons who do not meet one of the admission criteria stated above will not be admitted under any circumstances.
All new students must file an application for admission. Students who have not been in continuous attendance for one year must file a new application for admission.