San Diego Miramar College
Online Counseling Services
INFORMED CONSENT STATEMENT:
If you are utilizing our online counseling services, including online workshops, all email inquiries, online drop-in counseling sessions or online counseling appointments, carefully read the entire Informed Consent Statement below, including the Terms & Conditions and Privacy Protection statements, BEFORE utilizing our online services.
TERMS & CONDITIONS
Information about you is confidential. It is important that you supply the most current information about yourself, your educational history, including all previously attended colleges/universities, your plans and your career goals so that San Diego Miramar Counselors may provide you with the most accurate information specific to your needs.
● Per the Family Rights and Privacy Acts, I hereby grant permission for San Diego Miramar College Counselors to release academic information about myself during any online counseling services offered via the Zoom virtual meeting platform.
● When requesting any online counseling services, I must authentically represent myself in all aspects.
● I am the student who will be attending the online workshop, drop-in counseling session or counseling appointment, and I will provide accurate personal information, educational history, and educational goals.
● I will protect my meeting ID# and password by not sharing this information with others.
● I understand that California is a “two-party consent” state. It is a crime in California to record a telephone call or videoconference, among other types of private conversations, without the express consent of all participants.
● I understand that I may not record my scheduled online session with my counselor without their consent. I may not record the meeting or any portion of it unless I ask the counselor and they specifically give me permission.
● I authorize the Counselor to provide me with information related to my academic records online through the use of the Online Counseling website and the Zoom virtual meeting platform.
● I give permission to San Diego Miramar College Counselors, relevant Miramar College personnel and Zoom meeting personnel (administrator) to, when necessary and for the sole purpose of improving the online meeting services, have access to recorded information (if applicable) from an online counseling session between me and a Counselor.
I understand that when using San Diego Miramar College's Online Counseling services, I must protect my personal information from others, therefore:
● I will provide an accurate and private email address. I understand that the counseling appointment scheduling program will automatically email confirmation messages and notifications to the email address that I provide.
● I understand that, in the event that I forget my counseling appointment login information, I may request that the Counselor email this information to the email address I provide.
● I understand that every time I request an online appointment my email address must be accurate and private.
● I understand that if I choose to share an email account with another person, that person will have access to my meeting login instructions, which may allow that person eventual access to my personal and academic information.
● If I choose to share an email account, I release San Diego Miramar College Online Counseling Services and the SDCCD from any liability resulting from such action.
Utilizing online counseling services means that I have read the above information in detail. I understand and agree to the Terms & Conditions and Privacy Protection established for San Diego Miramar College Online Counseling Services.