What is First Year Experience (FYE)?
First Year Experience (FYE) provides an efficient, supportive process for eligible freshmen to make a seamless transition from high school to college. FYE prepare students for success through academic enrichment in English and Mathematics, learning communities, and connection with peer mentors and campus resources.
Why You Should Join
- Get a head start in your education by joining one of our bridge programs to strengthen your academic preparation in basic skills Mathematics/English and study skills
- Priority registration for the Fall & Spring semesters in your first year
- Start College-Level courses in the Fall semester
- One-on-One counseling appointments and educational planning
- Personal guidance from a peer mentor and counselor
- Special activities and events throughout the year
Who is Eligible to Participate
You are eligible for FYE if you meet and complete the following requirements:
- Have a high school diploma/GED (or you're 18 years of age)
- Take Math and English assessment exams (Miramar College only)
- Commit to the program and requirements for the entire year
- Be a full-time student (12 or more semester units) during the fall and spring semester
PRIORITY ELIGIBILITY FOR STUDENTS WHO MEET THE FOLLOWING:
- Never previously attended college
- First Generation College Student (Parents do not have a 4-year college degree)
- Place into English/Mathematics basic skill levels
- Complete the FYE Summer or Fall Bridge Program
- Complete the 2018-2019 FAFSA or Dream Act Application
Summer Bridge for Math
Fall Bridge for English
If you are interested in joining FYE,please complete the following steps:
Summer Bridge (Math) Priority Deadline: May 11, 2018
Fall Bridge (English) Priority Deadline: August 9, 2018
All students who have applied by this priority deadline will receive an email.
Because space is limited, applicants are encouraged to complete our interest form as early as possible.