Skip to main content
- Choose a job target (also called a "job objective")
- Find out what skills, knowledge and experience are needed to do that target job.
- Make a list of your 3 or 4 strongest skills, abilities or knowledge that make you a good candidate for the target job.
- For each key skill, think of several accomplishments from your past work history that illustrate each skill.
- Describe each accomplishment in a simple, powerful, action statement.
- List the primary jobs you've held, in chronological order.
- List your training and education that are related to the new job you want.
- Choose a résumé format that fits your situation: either chronological, functional or a combination of both.
- Summarize your key points (skills) at or near the top of your resume.
- PROOFREAD and correct all errors.