Transcripts are the official document of the student's academic work at a college or university.

The San Diego Community College District only accepts credits from US Colleges and Universities that have Regional Accreditation.  For more information on accreditation and to search for a college's or universities' accreditation, visit the US Department of Education.  

Requesting Transcripts from SDCCD

credentials transcripts logo

               All coursework completed at San Diego City, Mesa or Miramar College is included on one transcript. There is no need to request a transcript from each (City, Mesa, Miramar) college. The first two transcripts issued are free of charge. Thereafter, transcripts cost $5.00 each. Transcripts are not printed at the campus level. You cannot pick up official transcripts from Miramar College. 

For Continuing Education students, please click here or visit:

For Unofficial Transcripts:

Official transcripts can be ordered online

Students can order transcripts through our transcript partner Credentials (credit or debit cards only):

  • Current students may be order transcripts through mySDCCD
  • Former students of San Diego City, Mesa or Miramar Colleges, or those who do not have an mySDCCD account, may order directly through Credentials by clicking on this link.
  • Transcripts ordered online will be mailed in 1-2 business days. 
  • If the receiving institution accepts electronic transcripts, the transcript will be sent electronically the same day.
  • You can upload any supplemental forms required by the receiving institution through credentials. Students do not need to come to campus to have paperwork attached.

NOTE: Transcripts sent from our college to another institution are considered to be official. Transcripts presented by a student are considered to be unofficial unless sealed and noted to be official on the outside of the envelope.

Click here for information regarding transcripts from previous colleges/universities attended.

Questions? You may send an email to or call 619-388-6924.

What does it mean where there is a red asterisk/star (*) next to a grade?

  • This means that the grade and the units for this class have been disregarded and are no longer included in your cumulative GPA or total unit count.


Inactive Former Students Needing Unofficial Transcripts

If you are a former SDCCD student and no longer have an active application (haven't attended for one year or more), you can click the link below and complete a short form to request your Unofficial Transcripts. You can enter your student ID (add '000' to the front if you have a 7-digit ID) or your SSN.

click here to order unofficial transcripts

Top of Page

Back to Evaluations Main Page 

Transcripts from other Institutions Attended

  • Students should submit official transcripts from all Colleges and Universities attended.  
  • In order to have a counseling appointment to develop and educational plan, all transcripts must be on file and evaluated.
  • Students receiving financial aid or veterans benefits must also have transcripts on file to receive benefits.
  • Transcripts are required even if prior credits do not appear relevant or if units were taken years ago.
  • Official transcripts from other institutions become the property of the college and will not be duplicated or returned.
  • Guam and Puerto Rico are US territories and transcripts from institutions these territories are not considered "foreign" and should be submitted. For information on foreign transcripts, please see below.

Submitting Transcripts

  • Students are responsible for requesting official transcripts from each institution attended.
  • At this time the San Diego Community College District does not accept electronic transcripts.
  • Official transcripts must be received in the original sealed envelope from the college or university.
  • Opened, faxed or emailed transcripts will not be considered official.
  • Transcripts are only accepted from one year after issuance.

Transcripts should be submitted to the SDCCD District office:

San Diego Community College District
Attn: Student Services
3375 Camino Del Rio South, Suite 100
San Diego, CA 92108-3883


Hand-delivered, unopened to the campus Records, room K1-207

Confirmation of Receipt of Transcripts

  • To confirm that your transcripts have been received by our District's Student Transcript Office, please call 619-388-6924.

Processing Transcripts

  • Once transcripts are received by SDCCD, they are ONLY reviewed for the number of transferable units and for Math and English prerequisite clearance.
  • Credits from other regionally accredited institutions will only be accepted for transfer credit after evaluation by the District Evaluations office.
  • Transcripts are not automatically evaluated for a student's educational goal. Please see the college counseling office or EOPS to submit a Request for Transcript Evaluation form.
  • Transcript evaluations can take around 45 business days to complete and the process occurs off-campus at the District Office. An email will be sent to the student upon completion of the evaluation.

Waiving Transcripts

In certain instances, transcripts may be waived for the purposes of obtaining a Certificate of Achievement. Transcripts can only be waived when:

  • All coursework for the Certificate of Achievement has been taken within the San Diego Community College District and/or with other institutions for which transcripts are already on file.
  • Student has completed all coursework or is pending completion of the coursework in the current semester.

To waive transcripts, students must complete a General Student Petition in the Admissions and Records Office.

Foreign Transcripts

  • Transcripts from foreign institutions may be used to meet degree/certificate requirements. It is the choice of the student to request to have this coursework evaluated. It is recommended to speak with a counselor to discuss options.
  • If a student would like to submit their foreign transcripts, they must first have them evaluated by a Transcript Evaluation Service. For a list of approved services please visit:
  • Student must request a comprehensive evaluation including both lower and upper-division coursework of the foreign transcript. Other types of evaluations will not be accepted. Even if the transcript is in English, if it is foreign, it must go through this process.
  • After the comprehensive evaluation is complete, students must submit it to the campus records office along with a Request for Foreign Transcript Credits so that the coursework can be evaluated for a student's educational goal.
  • Submission of transcripts is permanent and cannot be revoked.

For information regarding foreign HIGH SCHOOL transcripts for the purpose of meeting the UC IGETC Certification foreign language requirement, please see the General Education section.

Top of Page

Back to Evaluations Main Page 

San Diego Miramar College Evaluations Office | Room K107 | 619.388.7371 |

Miramar Sunset