You are hereHome > Quick Links > President's Office
Welcome to San Diego Miramar College, where maintaining a small campus feel, first class teaching and extraordinary personal attention are our priorities. Through dedicated expert faculty, a caring staff, strong industry and civic partnerships, and state-of-the-art facilities, we prepare students for university transfer and for high demand, well paying careers.
Whether you're a student looking for a college to help fulfill your educational and career goals, a community member interested in campus events, or a business owner seeking a skilled workforce, I invite you to discover all San Diego Miramar College has to offer. Explore our website, visit our campus, or feel free to contact me.
Patricia Hsieh, Ed.D.
San Diego Miramar College’s mission is to prepare students to succeed in a complex and dynamic world by providing quality instruction and services in an environment that supports and promotes diversity, while emphasizing innovative programs and partnerships to facilitate transfer preparation, workforce training, and career advancement.
We at San Diego Miramar College value . . .
- Student access, learning and success for students from basic skills through college level
- The preparation of students for degrees, jobs, careers and transfer, as well as personal growth and career advancement
- The ability to recognize and respond to opportunities
- A collegiate college community with mutual respect, courtesy and appreciation
- Accomplishments of individuals, groups and the college as a whole
- Diversity of our students, staff, faculty and programs
- Creativity and excellence in teaching, learning and service
- Collaboration and partnerships
- Shared governance and communication
- Sustainable practices in construction, curriculum and campus culture
- Quality, flexibility, and innovation
- Student learning and success will be the focus of all we do.
- San Diego Miramar College will develop as a college that identifies student access, learning and success as the touchstone to guide planning, set priorities and measure effectiveness.
- Miramar College will have an inviting and accessible campus that attracts students.
- Miramar College will be a hub of education, diversity, recreation and services to the community.
2010/2011 Academic Year
- Improve the quality of student learning, institutional structures and student support/services through the use of effective strategies such as: enrollment management, Student Learning Outcome Assessment Cycle (SLOAC) process, Basic Skills/grants, etc.
- Refine and integrate the Program Review and SLOAC processes and demonstrate their link to transparent college-wide planning and resource allocation
- Identify ways to acquire new resources and/or funding to support college programs
- Strengthen/expand community and educational partnerships
- Connect facilities planning and campus safety with the Instructional Master Plan, and plan for smooth transition into facilities under construction
- Identify creative ways to provide and support staff development
(All documents are PDF unless otherwise indicated)