|Administrators (0)||Classified Staff (1)||Faculty (3-5)||Student (0)|
|Jennifer Ock||Mara Sanft|
This is a non-decision making subcommittee made up of members from the Curriculum Committee.
The Technical Review Subcommittee of the Curriculum Committee reviews course outlines, certificate and degree proposal drafts prior to submission to Curriculum Committee action, in an effort to eliminate many common problems that cause delays in obtaining final proposal approval.
Technical Review does not evaluate the merits of a proposal -- that remains the purview of the Curriculum Committee. Technical Review examines the following:
- Course outline conformance with the standard outline template (completeness, enumeration, format).
- Course numbering and title conformance to Program and Course Approval Handbook (PCAH) guidelines.
- Interdepartmental subject matter overlap.
- Catalog description, student learning objectives, course contents and instructional methodology conformance to PCAH guidelines.
- Review of requested Curriculum Committee action(s)
Committee will meet no less than once per month at a regularly scheduled time.