Work Experience is a program that awards college credit for on-the-job learning experiences for students employed in a job or internship related to a career-oriented major. Many Work Experience courses are associated with certificate and degree requirements. The goals and assignments for completion of the courses are formulated with the student and their employer under the direction of the college instructor assigned to teach Work Experience. The grading system is the same as for other subjects offered by the college and the time spent for preparation and training is also comparable.
PLEASE REGISTER FOR OUR FALL 2020 VIRTUAL EVENTS
OR JOIN BY CLICKING ON THE LINKS BELOW.
SEE YOU THERE!!
09/10/20 from 1:00PM - 2:00PM | Resumes that Earn Interviews (Collab with The WELL): Event complete, Thank You!
09/14/20 from 12:00PM - 1:00PM | Virtual Coffee Chat with Klassic Kids - A Program of Harmonium: Event complete, Thank You!
09/15/20 from 11:00AM - 12:00PM | Internship Information Session with Upkey: Event complete, Thank You!
09/24/20 from 1:00PM - 2:00PM
How to Write an Impressive Cover Letter (Collab with The WELL): Click to Join (on event date & time)
09/25/20 from 7:00PM - 8:00PM
Juggling Work, School, Kids during COVID-19 Meetup: Click for Registration
Career Services comes to Canvas! Visit Canvas
Need resume/cover letter review and editing?
Please visit our Career Service Canvas to request a resume/cover letter critique!
For assistance, please watch this short video tutorial:
- Career, Major and Industry Exploration Counseling
- Exposure to Job, Volunteer and Internship Opportunities
- Review & Critique of Resume(s) & Cover Letter(s)
- Networking Tools
- Mock Interviews
- Career Assessment(s) & Interpretation
- Job Fairs
- Hiring Conferences
- Career Related Workshops
- On-campus Employer Recruiting
- Major & Industry Information Sessions
- Classroom & Club Presentations
Students, Alumni, and Employers: Access our Online Job Board!
San Diego Miramar College uses College Central Network as its official job resource and resume system. The site is available 24/7 to students, alumni, and employers.
- Students and Alumni, quickly apply to jobs and Internship/Co-op opportunities posted exclusively for you, and search other opportunities via Jobs Central® and Intern Central®, national job boards.
- Create and upload your resume and career portfolio to make available to employers.
- Access our events calendar, and career/job search advice documents, podcasts, videos and more.
- Review Career Fair information and company recruitment visits.
- Employers search for talented students and alumni, and post unlimited jobs for free.
Career Center Campus Presentations
Faculty: Are you interested in hosting an in-class career related presentation on SD Miramar College campus?
Please complete the online request for a Career Center presentation and a Career Center team member will contact you to finalize scheduling. Please provide a minimum of two weeks to process your request.
Some of the customized career workshops for groups (e.g. classrooms, clubs, etc.) that we offer include:
- Career Services Overview
- Career Exploration: an interactive class exercise
- "What can I do with a major in... English, Science?" presentation tailored to specific program
- Resume & Cover Letter: help students define skills, knowledge, and education using a resume template. May be split into two presentations.
- Job & Internship Search. May be split into two presentations.
- Job Fair Preparation
- LinkedIn Basics
- Interview for Success
- Work-Based Learning
Our mission is to assist students in developing career goals by exploring their values, skills, personality traits and interests in an inclusive and supportive environment. We prepare students to make informed decisions about their futures by providing career-related counseling, comprehensive resources and specialized programs. The Career Center is dedicated to serve diverse populations by offering an array of career-development activities that inspire and support each student’s lifelong career journey.