Any Member - Recommendation, elected by committee - Two years
The Committee will include the Instructional School Dean of Library & Technology, the Audio/Visual Technician, the Microcomputer Specialist Supervisor, the Administrative Computing Support Specialist, six faculty representatives, one from each Instructional School, one member of student services, one Administrative Representative, one classified member at-large, one faculty member at-large, and one Student.
Since this committee is composed of a large group who may not all be able to participate at every meeting the minimum Quorum is five (5) members. This shall include at least one Administrator, two Faculty and two Classified. At all times, the entire membership shall be subject to all committee agendas, minutes and correspondence.
Committee Goals & Issues
The mission of the Technology Committee is to provide organization, recommendations, direction, and standards for campus technology. The structure of this Committee will rely upon the operational role of the Deans and Vice Presidents to orchestrate the continued development of the on-going Technology Plan, to advocate and support Instruction and Services utilizing technology, and to coordinate funding resources to maximize technology implementation campus wide. All the above listed members are voting members but the Committee will rely heavily upon the Administrative capacity to organize and promote process much like the College relies upon them to orchestrate the publication of the College Course Catalog and Schedule.
The Committee will:
- Develop and update 3-year Instructional Technology Plan
- Establish technology standards and procedures for the College
- Determine technology needs and priorities to support all instruction, services, and administration
- Provide technology direction and oversight for the Website Sub-Committee
- Maintain an inventory including status, warrantee, and condition of all campus technology and supporting infrastructure to include all non-program specific campus technology.
- Provide technology expenditure recommendations to the Planning and Budget Committee.
- Provide direction and guidelines for Audio/Visual Department to ensure adequate Audio/Visual support.
- Coordinate technology training efforts with the Staff Development Committee.
- Coordinate and assist with technology planning efforts in Strategic, School and Department planning.
- Provide technology data, reports and assistance for Accreditation.
The Committee Chairs are the advocates for the Committee and will carry forward Committee recommendations to the following committees as appropriate:
All Standing Committees for review and input as needed
Planning and Budget Committee for technology expenditure recommendations, and
College Executive Committee through normal Senate/Council channels.
The Committee will review and revise annually the 3-year Technology plan annually. The plan will include the following components:
What technologies will best meet campus and program needs;
Priorities for implementing these technologies into the classrooms and work places, and;
The status of existing campus technologies;
The Committee may establish short term task forces to accomplish much of its work, as needed.
Additionally the Committee will invite District IT to committee meetings.
Committee will meet no less than once each month.
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas and minutes from the past three years are displayed. For agendas and/or minutes of earlier meetings, click the link below.