Any Member—Recommendation elected by Committee—Three Year Term
- Administrators: 3*
- Faculty: 3
- Classified: 3
- Students: 1
Three administrators to include the Vice-Presidents of Instruction, Student Services, and Administration
* Until such time as a Miramar Campus-Based Researcher is a permanent member of the Classified Staff, the administrators membership was adjusted to allow the District Classified Campus-Based Researcher Research and Planning Analyst to serve on the subcommittee by taking one of the management slots; three faculty to include the Transfer Center Director (or designee), one from a career/technical discipline, and one other representative; three classified members to include the Public Information Officer or designee, and the Job Placement Officer or designee, and one other representative. Student membership will be an Associated Student designee. The Campus-Based Researcher Research and Planning Analyst will also sit on the District Research committee.
Goals & Issues
To promote and facilitate a culture of evidence and collaborative inquiry in which accurate data and information are generated and developed into useful information for:
- Institutional assessment
- Integrated planning
- Improving student learning and institutional effectiveness.
Key activities supporting the goals include:
- The ongoing development of the annual "Miramar College-wide Research Agenda".
- Management of internal and external research requests following established protocols.
- Support and facilitation of research and delivery of data and information in instructional programs, student services, administrative services, and outreach/marketing.
- Maintenance of the Research Subcommittee and the Institutional Research web pages.
- Collaboration with the San Diego Community College District Office of Institutional Research and Planning.
Forms & Processes
- Research Request
- Miramar Guidelines for Implementing the Research Planning Agenda(GIRPA)
- Miramar Annual Research Agendas
Annual Research Reports
English—ESOL Instructional Assistance
English 43/49 Coordination
Institutional Effectiveness Scorecards
- Planning & Institutional Effectiveness Committee