You are hereOffice > MLTT
- General MLT Information (from American Medical Technologists Website)
- Barclay's California Code of Regulations for Medical Laboratory Technicians
- MLT Licensing Information (from LFS)
- Frequently Asked Questions about MLT's (from the California Department of Public Health Website)
- Salary Information (from the U.S. Department of Labor Website)
- Miramar Job Office
The San Diego Miramar College Medical Laboratory Program employs faculty who have years of industry experience in local clinical facilities. They are a great resource of information and knowledge for your students in the MLT program.
Does this program prepare me for the workforce?
The MLTT program at San Diego Miramar College is designed to produce trained individuals to enter the medical laboratory workforce as a Medical Laboratory Technician or the clinical diagnostic companies in the local biotechnology industry. The program's primary learning outcome is to graduate competent, workplace-ready members of a laboratory team. The MLT program is also designed to prepare students to take a national exam which when passed provides a California license as a Medical Laboratory Technician.
What is a Medical Laboratory Technician?
According to the American Society for Clinical Pathology,