Student Health Services at San Diego Miramar College serves students who are registered and currently attending at least one class on campus and have paid the student health fee. Open since Fall of 1998, the Health Services Office is located in Student Affairs Building S-100 in room S-103. The Health Services Office is open during each semester (Fall, Spring and Summer) Hours vary so call the office for current operating hours.
Student Health Services offers comprehensive primary care health services. These services include:
- Examinations by Registered Nurse, Nurse Practitioner or Medical Doctor (College Physician) for acute, chronic or episodic complaints.
- Over the counter medications (single dose only)
- Blood pressure monitoring
- Vision Screening
- Condoms (donations accepted)
- Health Education on a variety of topics for prevention of illness/disease.
- Information about Student Accident Insurance Program
- Referral to Community Health Agencies, as necessary
- Variety of monthly Health presentations
- Crutches-on a loan basis
- Referral to Harmonium Inc for personal counseling (at low cost per Harmonium agreement)
The staff of Student Health Services is committed to prevention of illness, injury and disease through education, through their "Helping You To Stay Healthy" campaign. During the Fall and Spring semesters, Student Health Services coordinates activities to recognize certain health topics Month, Great American Smoke out, Mental Health (Depression) Screening, Alcohol Awareness, and Healthy Heart Month.
Also, the nursing staff of the health services office is available to all instructors to conduct health topic presentations in the classroom.
Numerous educational information sheets and pamphlets are available on a wide variety of health topics. Information regarding low cost medical and dental insurance information is available as well.
Appointments are now required after 1pm and Fridays
|Friday||Appointment required 9–12|
- Miramar College Health Center
- 10440 Black Mountain Road
- Room S-103
- San Diego, CA 92126
- (858) 536-7881
Information on this web site is designed as an educational tool for students and employees of Miramar College.
THIS WEB SITE IS NOT DESIGNED TO PROVIDE MEDICAL ADVICE.
All content including text, graphics, images and information available on or through links from this web site are for general informational purposes only. The Content is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment.
NEVER DISREGARD PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE, OR DELAY IN SEEKING IT, BECAUSE OF SOMETHING YOU HAVE READ ON THIS WEB SITE. NEVER RELY ON INFORMATION ON THIS WEB SITE IN PLACE OF SEEKING PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE.
If you have a medical question or concern, you should make an appointment to see a health care provider.
FREE Self-Care Guides
As of immediately Health Services will no longer be allowed to help staff/employees with their TB tests. All staff will be responsible for obtainng their own tests off campus.
TB (PPD) testing is a two step process.
It's Flu Season! Flu Shot Info
- Local Health Concerns & Which Vaccine Is Right For You?
- Flu Information From Health & Human Services
How do I know if someone needs help?
How to tell if you or a friend may need help? Strength is when we seek help, learn more about the signs or symptoms that may be reason for concern.