Welcome to the Transfer Center!
The San Diego Miramar College Transfer Center serves as a focal point of transfer functions for students, administrators, faculty, and staff. We encourage students to become experts of their own transfer paths by providing information, resources, and learning opportunities through transfer related activities.
Transfer Center Services
Students are advised to plan transfer pathways as early as possible and enroll in transferable courses in both general education and in courses that prepare students for specific university majors. Questions related to transfer programs should be discussed with a counselor.
Available resources in the Transfer Center:
- Guidance in researching and selecting a transfer institution
- University admissions representative appointments
- University field trips
- Transfer Admission Guarantees
- Library of university catalogs and publications
- Important dates and deadlines
- Transfer Fairs
Each combination of transfer university and major has a different set of requirements, including specific courses you should complete prior to transfer. Many San Diego Miramar College courses have articulation agreements with various public and private universities. Articulation agreements are formal agreements in which a course (or courses) offered at Miramar College is accepted as a comparable course (or courses) that can be used in lieu of a course at the transfer institution. Miramar students transfer to one of the following types of universities:
- 1. Career Exploration:
- Your career objective will determine the type of degree you need and your choices for selecting a major. See the Career Center in K1-308 for assistance.
- 2. Choosing your University Major:
- A major is a field of study that you emphasize in your college education.
- 3. Choosing your Transfer University:
- Choosing a transfer university is important to ensure you complete the right courses.