What is JetStREAM First Year Experience?
JetStREAM (Students Reaching Equity through Academics & Mentoring) First Year Experience provides an efficient, supportive process for eligible freshmen to make a seamless transition from high school to college. JetStREAM programs prepare students for success through academic enrichment in English and Mathematics, learning communities, and connection with peer mentors and campus resources.
Why You Should Join
- Get a headstart in your education by joining our eight-week Summer Bridge program to strengthen your academic preparation in basic skills English/Mathematics and study skills
- Priority registration for the Fall & Spring semesters in your first year
- Start College-Level courses in the Fall semester
- One-on-One counseling appointments and educational planning
- Personal guidance from a peer mentor and counselor
- Special activities and events throughout the year
Who is Eligible to Participate
You are eligible for JetStREAM Programs if you meet and complete the following requirements:
- Have a high school diploma/GED (or you're 18 years of age)
- Take Math and English assessment exams (Miramar College only)
- Commit to the program and requirements for the entire year
- Be a full-time student (12 or more semester units) during the fall and spring semester
PRIORITY ELIGIBILITY FOR STUDENTS WHO MEET THE FOLLOWING:
- Never previously attended college
- First Generation College Student (Parents do not have a 4-year college degree)
- Place into English/Mathematics basic skill levels
- Complete the JetStREAM Summer Bridge Program prior to the Fall semester
- Complete the 2017-2018 FAFSA or Dream Act Application
|ORIENTATION||May 16 (Wednesday)
|SUMMER BRIDGE||June 18–August 10, 2018|
Tuesday & Thursday
|FIELD TRIP 1||Friday June 29
|FIELD TRIP 2||
Friday, August 3
If you are interested in joining JetStREAM programs,please complete the following steps:
Priority Deadline: May 11, 2018
All students who have applied by this priority deadline will receive an email.
Because space is limited, applicants are encouraged to complete our interest form as early as possible.