Outreach & School Relations
The San Diego Community College District has shut down all sites due to the outbreak of Covid-19. All previously scheduled events, visits, tours, and other on-campus activities have been suspended until further notice.
However, we continue our commitment to student success by still providing services remotely (Student Resources during COVID-19) and conducting virtual events to assist prospective students and their families.
Check out our virtual tour & visit options below!
If you have other questions, reach out to us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. For SDCCD COVID-19 updates, please visit our district website here.
Become a Miramar Jet!
Please review the Future Students page to get started.
Helpful Quick Links for Prospective Students
- Contact Information for Miramar Programs
- Student Resources during COVID-19
- Frequently asked questions & more
- College terms to know
- San Diego Promise Program
Are you a current high school student planning to take Miramar College courses?
- Follow the Part-Time High School Guide to get started by creating an account.
What We Do
The San Diego Miramar Outreach Office develops strategies and implements services designed to help prospective students gain awareness of the programs and resources available in making a smooth transition from high school to college, from college to career, and/or re-entry from work to school. Our office provides presentations, campus tours, coordinates campus visits and services to local high schools and events in the community. Additionally, Outreach provides support to various departments and college events throughout the year to inform current students of the many resources available on campus.
Who We Are
Our Outreach staff is committed to representing the college in a welcoming, positive, responsible, and professional manner while encouraging involvement in the advancement of the college mission from both campus and community partners. We also house Miramar College's San Diego Promise Program and it's Peer Mentors, for more information about the program please refer to the link under "Related Pages".
- Serve as a liaison, spokesperson, and advocate for Miramar College
- Provide Miramar academic and student services information to various schools, businesses, and the community at large
- Conduct in-person campus tours
- Facilitate college-related workshops and presentations
- Assist in the planning/implementation of special activities
- Help facilitate various pre-enrollment services
Promise Program Mentoring
- Serve as group leaders for new Promise students
- Help Promise students make connections at Miramar that support their interests and needs
- Introduce students to college services, college activities, clubs, & organizations
- Refer Promise students to college services
- Help Promise students understand the academic & social demands of college life
For event details or to RSVP, click on the links provided.
Stay tuned! More to come in Spring 2021!
Can’t attend our virtual visits? Check out our virtual tour options below!
Two Virtual Tour Options
1. 30-minute Staff-Led Virtual Tours
Tours are led by our Outreach student mentors who will speak about our beautiful physical campus, programs, and how to apply. The tour will offer a Q&A at the end to answer any questions you may have.
Please note: We provide only general information about Miramar College programs, for direct program website links please refer to "Miramar College Programs - Contact Information" on the right side of this page under "Important Documents".
December 9th tour @ 3pm - RSVP HERE
2. Self-Guided Virtual Tour
Join our email list for a monthly update on upcoming events & activities. To Join Click Here
Interested in free tuition? Learn about the San Diego Promise Program. Click here to visit their website