The Independent Learning Center (ILC) is an open student computer lab for students enrolled in a credit course at any of the three campuses (City,Mesa or Miramar). The ILC is located in the LLRC on the first floor, room L-104.
The ILC provides the following services:
- State-of-the-art computers and software
- Pay for Print copying and printing
- Adapted computers for students with disabilities
- Internet and E-mail access
- Friendly, helpful faculty and staff
Frequently Visited Links
Using the ILC
Welcome to the ILC at Miramar College. To make your learning experience more productive, the following guidelines will support a positive learning environment for you.
- Before using any computer you must first login to the District Attendance Tracking system.
- Before closing each evening, there will be TWO announcements to save your work before the lab closes. The first announcement will be made 15 minutes prior to closing and will be followed by a second five minutes prior to closing.
- SAVE ALL YOUR WORK TO A USB FLASH DRIVE, OR A CD.
- Please turn your PAGERS and CELL PHONES to vibrate while in the ILC. If you must use your cell phone or receive a call, exit the area before answering. Please be considerate of your fellow students.
- PRINTING: Before you can print you will need to add money to your student ID Card. Black and white printing is 10 cents per page, color printing is 50 cents per page. If you have any questions or need assistance please ask any staff member.
- NO EATING OR DRINKING is permitted in the lab.
- For safety reasons, children are not allowed at any time.
- Please keep NOISE level to a minimum (i.e. talking with others around you)
- Please remember the ILC is for Instructional use ONLY. If there are students waiting to use a computer, and you are using the computer inappropriately (personal chat, games, and pornography) you may be asked to relinquish your computer.
- When you have finished using the computer make sure to logout of the system.