Frequently Asked Questions about Graduation

I'm done! How do I graduate?

You must notify the Evaluations Office by returning the Graduation Registration. This form is mandatory to participate in the commencement ceremony and can be found in the first section of the Commencement website, entitled “See Timeline and other important information for Spring 2017 Graduates.


I have a killer GPA! How do I graduate with honors?

If you believe you will be graduating as an honor graduate (with a cumulative GPA of 3.50 or higher), please contact the Evaluations Office immediately. Please note, Gold Honor cords will be given to AA/AS degree graduate candidates only.

What if I need special accommodations?

If you or your guest will need special accommodations, please contact the Evaluations Office no later than Friday, May 4, 2018, 12:00 noon. Special seating and assistance will be available with prior notice.

Do you need anything else from me?

Yes! Do we have your current contact information?

Your Degrees or Certificates will be mailed to the address on file with the college. It is very important that you update your mailing address through Reg-e on or before June 16th, 2018, as your diploma will be mailed directly to you at the address on file.

Does my name have to go in the program? And what about my privacy?

As a candidate for graduation, your name will be printed in the graduation program distributed on the day of graduation. Your name will also be included on other lists of graduates within the San Diego Community College District. If you do not wish your name to be published, please notify the Evaluations Office in K1-207 or call (858) 536-7371 or (619) 388-7371 no later than Friday March 25, 2016, 12:00 noon.

Please note that graduations are public. By participating in graduation, it is possible that the media or other photographers may use graduation photographs in newspapers, other publicity print media, or other video briefs on television news.