Disability Support Programs and Services (DSPS) department at Miramar College offers a variety of services for students with verified disabilities. Examples include students with learning disabilities, impairments in vision, hearing, and mobility, mental health conditions, acquired brain injuries, and other medical disabilities.
As a result of participating in DSPS at Miramar College, students with verified disabilities will achieve the following Student Learning Outcomes:
- Identify individual educational limitations and appropriate respective accommodations,
- Utilize appropriate disability management strategies,
- Develop a Student Education Plan giving consideration to their academic and vocational goals, their strengths and limitations,
- Identify college and community resources to maximize independence,
- Understand their legal rights and responsibilities and how to file an appeal or grievance if access is denied or hindered.
- AP 3100.1 Student Grievance
- AP 3105.1 Academic Accommodations and Disability Discrimination for Students with Disabilities
- AP 3105.2 Service Animals
Services are provided in compliance with state and federal legislation, including Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 and the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) of 1990 and the ADA Amendments Act of 2008 (ADAAA). Student participation in the program is voluntary.
The DSPS Office also serves students with disabilities who are taking Miramar courses offered both on campus and online.
Miramar College opens doors to promising careers and provides equal access to academic transfer courses and workforce preparation programs. Students can select from many degree and certificate programs that will prepare you for employment, skills improvement, or transfer to a four year institution.
Students are encouraged to contact the Disability Support Programs and Services Office in the early stages of their college planning.
In order for DSPS to provide quality service to our students, it is important that we have your current contact information. Please maintain your correct contact information on Reg-e.
The Disability Support Programs and Services (DSPS) department at Miramar College authorizes appropriate academic accommodations, including Test Proctoring, after thorough review of disability documentation and an extensive interactive process between the student and the DSPS Counselor.
The High Tech Center offers training in the use of adapted computer hardware and software as well as instruction in word processing, use of the internet, keyboarding, and prepartion for online learning.
Monday 11:30 am- 4:30 pm
Tuesday 8:00 am- 1:00 pm
Wednesday 8:00 am- 1:00 pm
Thursday 2:00 pm- 7:00 pm
Students who have a verified disability are eligible for support services through the DSPS department. Services and accommodations are designed to support students in the achievement of their academic and vocational goals. Accommodations are determined with the counselor/specialist on an individual basis through an interactive process.
- APPLY TO SAN DIEGO MIRAMAR COLLEGE
- Apply ONLINE at https://applyonline.communitycollege.net/studentappview.cfm
- APPLY TO THE DSPS PROGRAM AND PROVIDE DOCUMENTATION REGARDING DISABILITY:
- Print and complete the DSPS application.
- If you have a learning disability, or think that you might have a learning disability, please complete the Learning Disability Screening Form available at the