- Must be 18 years or older
- Basic English and math skills
- Hand-tool set
- Day and evening classes are available.
FAA Credit Available
- Qualified military experience
- Other applicable work experience
Low Cost Tuition
- Veterans Affairs benefits, scholarships and financial aid are available for tuition and materials
- College placement services and counseling
For a list of books and other materials required for students the Aviation Maintenance program, click on the links below:
These books may be purchased at the college bookstore, or at local airport Fixed Base Operators such as Marv Golden Aircraft Supply at MYF, El Cajon Aircraft Service at SEE or Carlsbad Aircraft Supply at CRQ. Additionally they may be ordered via online services through normal book vendors such as Barnes and Noble, or Amazon.com.
The following tools are required for students attending the AMT program.
This list contains the minimum tool requirement and is not intended as a complete
trade tool list.
Tools required for General coursework:
Additional Tools required for Airframe coursework:
- Phillips screwdriver set to include a #1 and #2 tip, 4-inch long shank
- Common-slot screwdriver set to include a 1" stubby, 4", and 8" long shanks
- Pin punches, 3/32", 1/8", 5/32", and 1/4" shank diameters
- Cold chisel, 3/8" face
- Mallet, 8 oz., 2" face (plastic, rubber or rawhide)
- Steel measuring tape, 10-foot
- 6" dividers
- Pocket or utility knife
- Tin snips
- Medium sized half-round finishing file (single cut)
- Medium sized round (rat-tail) file
- File handles for each file
- Plastic squeegee assortment
Additional Tools required for Powerplant coursework:
- Thickness (feeler) gages .0015-inch through .025-inch
- 1/4" drive standard socket set and ratchet wrench
- 3/8" drive standard socket set and ratchet wrench
- 3/8" drive universal joint
- 3/8" drive ratchet extension, 6-inch
- 1/2" drive speeder handle
- 1/2" drive deep ratchet sockets, 13/16" and ⅞"
- 7/8" combination (box and open end) wrench